HOW TO ENTER
We welcome submissions from San Diego County artists in the following mediums: painting, photography, mixed media, drawing, pastels, ink, and more. Submit 3 to 5 images that best represent your work.
The judges retain the right to reject submissions that do not fit the guidelines or spirit of the competition.
Deadline for Entry
Deadline for entry is September 7, 2019, at 11:59 p.m. PST. You will receive a confirmation email upon your submission.
The LaunchPad Artist for Art San Diego 2019 will be announced in September 2019.
The selected LaunchPad Artist will be notified within 7 days after the determination date. Inability to contact the selected artist may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate artist.
The selected LaunchPad Artist will receive:
• Exhibition space at Art San Diego 2019
• Feature on the ASD website
• Inclusion in ASD18 publicity and marketing campaigns
• Inclusion in the ASD18 Show Catalog
• Exposure to 15,000+ attendees
1. No purchase necessary to apply. Submissions begin on June 28, 2019, and ends at 11:59 p.m. PST on September 7, 2019. All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. PST on September 7, 2019. The selected LaunchPad Artist will be notified within 7 days after the determination date. Inability to contact the selected artist may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate artist.
2. Applicant must be 18 years or older and reside within San Diego County. Additionally, the selected Art San Diego 2019 LaunchPad Artist must meet these criteria:
• You must be an emerging, unrepresented artist.
• You must have identified creating art as your career direction. Being an artist is not a hobby.
• Only one artist will be selected.
• You must be available to be at your Art San Diego 2019 booth all hours of the show. https://art-sandiego.com/attend/
• You will be invited to do a live demonstration during the show.
• All artwork displayed must be for sale; 100% of proceeds of all sales is kept by the artist.
• You must be eligible to accept the Art San Diego 2019 LaunchPad Artist designation, if awarded, and provide proof of such eligibility.
3. Void where prohibited by law. Applicants residing in those areas where the contest is void may participate in the contest but may not win any prizes.
4. This is an open competition.
5. To submit an application: All applications must be submitted online via the Art San Diego 2019 LaunchPad Program Submission Form. Limit of one submission per artist. Mailed entries will not be accepted.
Entrants must (i) submit up to five (5), not fewer than three (3), samples of artwork for consideration in the following format: digital, full-color photograph of original work; color profile: sRGB; file uploaded as JPEG, PNG or PDF format; (ii) image dimensions 1500 pixels for the longest dimension (short dimension can be whatever is determined by the crop and aspect ratio of the image); (iii) indicate description for each work: title, medium used, dimensions, and year created. Entries not submitted in the stated formats may be subject to disqualification.
6. If you are selected as the Art San Diego 2019 LaunchPad Artist, you must timely complete and return the LaunchPad Artist Agreement, Release and Arbitration Provision, and all exhibits, schedules, and attachments thereto that will be furnished by Redwood Media Group and will include, among other things, release forms and waivers for review and signature by the selected LaunchPad Artist.
7. Redwood Media Group and all of its affiliates shall have the right to determine where the LaunchPad Artist's artwork is displayed, booth space to be determined on a space available basis for Art San Diego 2019. All costs and expenses not specifically listed above as part of the consideration given the Art San Diego 2019 LaunchPad Artist are solely the winners' responsibility, including all artwork packing, shipping, installation, travel expenses, and any other related expenses. Arrangements for the fulfillment of the Art San Diego 2019 LaunchPad Artist's exhibition and marketing considerations awarded will be made by Redwood Media Group and its affiliates.
9. Each artist submitting their application for the Art San Diego 2019 LaunchPad Program warrants that he or she has obtained all necessary releases from models and other subjects featured in the works of art and any additional releases required with respect to names, trademarks, designs, or works of art depicted in the submitted work of art and that the creation, display, or distribution of the work of art will not violate any law.
10. Each artist warrants that he or she alone created the submitted work of art, or if there are collaborators, they are named.
11. All artwork must be original works of art and not copies, derivatives, or based in any way on other copyrighted or published works of art.
12. Redwood Media Group has the sole right to refuse any submission that is deemed inappropriate. No crudity, vulgarity, obscenity, or hateful art will be tolerated.
Submissions must not include, depict, or involve any of the following: obscenity, inappropriate language, nudity, explicit sexual activity, illegal drug or alcohol use, violence, commercial products, material that is hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous, libelous, or otherwise unlawful, material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual, or promotes discrimination based on race, ethnicity, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, and any other content, including but not limited to, text, images, graphics, photographs, captions and descriptions, data, codes, and programs that could be considered inappropriate or offensive, as determined by Redwood Media Group and its affiliates in their sole discretion. Submissions must not include any images protected by copyright or trademark law, including brand names, logos, graphics, pictures, or text, or other property belonging to a third party unless the Participant can provide a written authorization to use such third-party content within their artwork. Additionally, submissions may not violate an individual’s rights, including but not limited to the right to privacy or publicity.
13. Persons or families employed by or associated with Redwood Media Group or its sponsors are not eligible to apply for consideration in the Art San Diego 2019 LaunchPad Program.
It is understood that the foregoing eligibility requirements may be amended, revised, or changed at any time and in any fashion at Redwood Media Group's sole discretion. Submission of an entry to this competition implies acceptance of all stated conditions.
Judging will be conducted by Redwood Media Group. All decisions of the judges are final.
Judges will be asked to consider originality, sense of composition, creativity, technical skill, use of materials and light, commercial appeal, and overall impact of the artwork.
The judges reserve the right to conduct interviews with any applicant. The judges also reserve the right not to declare an Art San Diego 2019 LaunchPad Artist if, in their sole discretion, the submissions do not meet the qualification standards based on the judging criteria specified herein. The application of the judging criteria shall be in the sole and absolute discretion of the judges. Redwood Media Group disclaims any liability from any of their actions relating to this contest. Participants agree to waive any claims against contest entities relating to the judging or awarding process.
The Art San Diego 2019 LaunchPad Artist will be selected from among all of the participant submissions by September 7, 2019. Redwood Media Group will make up to three (3) total attempts to contact the selected Art San Diego 2019 LaunchPad Artist via the telephone number(s) and/or e-mail(s) provided on his or her submission form. If the potential Art San Diego 2019 LaunchPad Artist cannot be reached directly during the three attempts in which he or she is contacted, the potential Art San Diego 2019 LaunchPad Artist will be disqualified and an alternate artist may be selected, in the judges' sole discretion, from among the remaining applicable eligible submissions received if time permits. In addition, Redwood Media reserves the right to select an alternative artist in the event that the selected Art San Diego 2019 LaunchPad Artist fails to comply with the Official Rules.
1. It is understood that the applicants for the Art San Diego 2019 LaunchPad Program retain the copyright for their artwork. It is also understood that participants hereby grant Redwood Media Group and its affiliates a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide license to broadcast, publish, store, reproduce, distribute, syndicate, and otherwise use and exhibit the submission (along with their name and artwork title) in all media now known and later come into being for purposes of trade or advertising without further compensation. Participants represent and warrant that they have full legal right, power, and authority to grant Redwood Media Group and its affiliates the foregoing license and if applicable, have secured all necessary rights from any participants in, and contributors to, their submission in order to grant such a license.
2. Redwood Media Group and its affiliates are under no obligation to use any submission or return the submissions to participants.
3. The Art San Diego 2019 LaunchPad Artist will be required to execute and return a Certificate of Eligibility, Consent, and General Release form within seven (7) days of notification. Non-compliance within this time period may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Any income tax liability is the sole responsibility of the winner.
Winners must complete a W9 form and supply a copy of a document (e.g., social security card) with his or her social security number or Employer Identification Number for tax purposes. The value of the prizes will be taxable to the winners as income. An IRS Form 1099 will be issued in the name of each winner for the actual value of the prize received, if the actual value of the prize is over $600. All federal, state and local taxes, and any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and use of prize not specifically provided for in these Official Rules are solely the winners' responsibility.
4. USE OF APPLICANT INFORMATION: All applications become the property of Redwood Media Group and its affiliates. Redwood Media Group and its affiliates reserve the right to use any and all information related to the Art San Diego 2019 LaunchPad Program, including submissions provided by the applicants, for editorial, marketing, and any other purpose, unless prohibited by law.
5. CONDUCT: All contest participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Redwood Media Group and its affiliates in their sole discretion, reserve the right to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering with the entry process, the operation of its website, violating the Guidelines, or is otherwise in violation of these rules.
6. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Redwood Media Group and its affiliates are not responsible for late, lost, or misdirected email or for any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions that may occur. If for any reason the contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, or technical failures of any sort, Redwood Media Group and its affiliates may cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the contest. Entrants further agree to release Redwood Media Group and its affiliates from any liability resulting from, or related to, participation in the contest.
7. WINNERS LIST: The name of the Art San Diego 2019 LaunchPad Artist may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Art San Diego 2019 LaunchPad Program, Redwood Media Group, PO Box 360, Hinckley OH 44233