Access to Art
Art San Diego is always striving to make an impact on the local community. To further its goal of bringing the community together through art and art awareness, Art San Diego, in partnership with UBS Financial Services launched the Access to Art program in August 2018. Art San Diego will also work in partnership with the San Diego International Film Festival and the San Diego Visual Arts Network to launch this new community initiative and continue it after the show, with hopes of annual expansion.
Celebrating 10 Years by Paying it Forward
Created in celebration of Art San Diego’s 10th anniversary, Access to Art works with selected charities and those they serve to share opportunities in art, design, business development, and more.
Ten years is a milestone in the life of art shows—and we are thankful for the San Diego community’s continued support of Art San Diego. This year’s focus is on promoting and supporting organizations that serve children’s health, education, and protection.
We thank you for the support you have given Art San Diego and the arts over the past decade and ask for your support as we embark on this important mission.
This Year’s Access to Art Program Will Benefit:
- Monarch School: The mission of the Monarch School is to educate students impacted by homelessness. Currently, there are over 20,000 homeless students in San Diego County. Monarch has served San Diego for nearly three decades, beginning as a one-room education center and expanding into a K–12 comprehensive school designed to educate homeless youth. At Monarch, students are given the skills and tools they need to overcome the odds of homelessness.
- Generate Hope: Generate Hope serves San Diego’s sex trafficking survivors by offering a path to recovery and personal freedom. GenerateHope provides long-term, comprehensive housing and trauma recovery programs to young women who have been sexually trafficked so that they are able to reintegrate into society and walk powerfully into their future.
- Rady Children’s Hospital: Rady Children’s Hospital-San Diego is the largest children’s hospital in California and is a dedicated pediatric medical and trauma center serving 91 percent of San Diego, Imperial, and southern Riverside counties’ children. Rady Children’s is also a major pediatric clinical research center, with more than 600 clinical trials and other research studies underway, in collaboration with world-class institutions, including UC San Diego, the Sanford Burnham Prebys Medical Discovery Institute, The Scripps Research Institute, the Salk Institute for Biological Studies, and St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
- HEAL (Homeless Empowerment Through Art & Leadership): HEAL provides opportunities for creative self-expression and personal growth for individuals experiencing homelessness in San Diego. HEAL’s Mobile Art Studio travels into homeless communities to meet the artists where they are and establish an open, nonjudgmental environment.
It All Begins with IMPACT Night
Presented by UBS Financial Services, San Diego County
Thursday, October 18, 5–9 p.m.
By Invitation Only | Valet Parking
IMPACT NIGHT is a private party that’s designed to have an IMPACT on the community and our Access to Art partner organizations: Monarch School, Generate Hope, Rady Children’s Hospital, and HEAL. And we’ve got so much planned:
- Red carpet arrivals begin at 5 p.m. with the paparazzi taking pictures
- An unveiling of the Monarch School students’ Access to Art art project works
- A special silent art auction with all proceeds going back to our nonprofit partners
- A chance to become an artist yourself at HEAL’s Mobile Art Studio
- Special San Diego Art Prize 2018 Winners’ installation and exhibit
- And more!
You’ll sip hosted beverages and nibble on tempting hors d’oeuvres while strolling the aisles of contemporary and cutting-edge artwork from top galleries—and you’ll be the first to select the pieces for your personal collection! With donations at the door, a Silent Art Auction, and more, it’s an evening to celebrate and give back to our non-profit partners.
It’s an invitation only evening—become a RMG VIP Passport member to insure your invitation!
Art San Diego Newsletter
Del Mar Fairgrounds - Wyland Center
2260 Jimmy Durante Boulevard
Del Mar, CA 92014